• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 2-4 2022 Winter Weather Event/Obs

I guess the recent models have Spann going beyond flurries for his forecast

SNOW??? We won't be able to really focus on this until the severe weather threat ends after midnight, but models are now suggesting a disturbance will bring a cold rain to the northern half of the state tomorrow afternoon, followed by a chance to show tomorrow night.

This is beyond the snow flurries mentioned in previous forecasts. But, needless to say ground temperatures are very warm, and it will be very hard to get meaningful accumulation. I will discuss this situation in greater detail early tomorrow.

Never a dull moment around here.

Love it. Great place to spend a winter weekend. Love Maggie valley. Cataloochee will do just fine this week.
We go there at least twice a winter and once during the summer. My favorite storm to experience up there was the December 18, 2009 storm. We got up there the evening before it hit, and the next day and night just got absolutely plastered. Maggie Valley kept full snow cover that winter from that storm into the first week of March

Even hwy 11 north in Oconee and pickens I'd bet sees Flakes. You ride to top of Sassafras Monday morning and you tell me what's it's doing, even anywhere around Rocky bottom for that matter.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
Sure up 178 just like 107 will likely have a change over. That's a huge elevation difference more than 2500ft above where most folks live. That's why I'm going up 107 toward Cashiers to see it. The northern mountains of the upstate have a chance but the upstate not the mountains right now does not imo

Sure up 178 just like 107 will likely have a change over. That's a huge elevation difference more than 2500ft above where most folks live. That's why I'm going up 107 toward Cashiers to see it. The northern mountains of the upstate have a chance but the upstate not the mountains right now does not imo
That's the reason I've always said 85 and below shouldn't even be considered the upstate. Only North of 85 should be considered upstate.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Back