• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 2-4 2022 Winter Weather Event/Obs

They are like Asheville and a whole different climo. And 3% of Greenville residents live there. Jimmy won’t see a flake
If I'm correct he is even below 85. The upstate is so confusing the way its split up. I'm in the NW corner 4 miles South of 11 and I'd be really surprised if I don't see flakes falling from this.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

I can tell you from experience, SC Upstate won’t get a flake with that look! Only time I’ve seen changeover to snow work is March 1,09! And that bowling ball came from Canada with its own cold
Facts! Now if we can get a south jog of about 100 miles that could bring some of the mountains in play up my way. But the trend has def been just the opposite of that. Seen it 100 times the low zips through and cold rushes in behind it with zero moisture left.

Facts! Now if we can get a south jog of about 100 miles that could bring some of the mountains in play up my way. But the trend has def been just the opposite of that. Seen it 100 times the low zips through and cold rushes in behind it with zero moisture left.
But the last couple runs has slowed it down some.

sn10_acc.us_se.png

Possibly Landrum and blacksburg...possibly
Even hwy 11 north in Oconee and pickens I'd bet sees Flakes. You ride to top of Sassafras Monday morning and you tell me what's it's doing, even anywhere around Rocky bottom for that matter.

But the last couple runs has slowed it down some.

And the cold is lagging behind with it. Believe I want to see it as bad as anyone and we have tomorrow for minor changes. But the more amped this thing gets with the low track the less likely I am to see a flake here.

Ray slowly coming around for the high country:

“A fast-moving, secondary disturbance forms behind the front and moves across the Southern Appalachians and moves toward the Mid-Atlantic. Rain returns late Sunday; then precipitation changes to snow showers lalte Sunday night. Snow showers end Monday morning. With the Saturday evening update I'm nervously raising the snow ante slightly (generally 1"-3" with a bit more up top). Stay tuned since computer guidance still varies greatly. Winds become gusty late Sunday night.”

Back