• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 2-4 2022 Winter Weather Event/Obs

This is going to catch a lot of people by surprise, I expect watches to go up for the mountains this afternoon. RAH did state the NAM is an outlier in their overnight AFD, this should be a pretty consolidated low deepening rapidly on its way ENE off the Carolina coast. Looks like a 6hr period for areas east of the mountains as the column crashes.

Paste bomb.
sn10_acc.us_ma.png

Definitely to high on accumulation but it’s overall following the amped trends with some of the other models View attachment 100576View attachment 100577View attachment 100578

View attachment 100586RGEM was a weenie run for the triangle with the highest totals N&W.

Do we like the RAP now?

View attachment 100594

I have said it before, but this keeps looking better and better as we get closer, and seeing it evolve this way is much more believable and realistic than when we see a huge storm show up 10 days out. When the storm evolves gradually like this on the models that's when it actually turns out to snow here most of the time.

Brad P. Says a chance of wet snow along I-40. I guess that’s better than what he’s been saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think most Mets have learned from past systems like this and this is a common type system we get almost every year. Always go low and hope to get surprised.

Back