• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

snku_acc.us_ov.png

Yeah, that's basically February 2014, except a bit further north because that storm was a disaster where I live (which thankfully, I was somewhere else during that storm). I'll pass on the 1"+ ice, even though 30's and rain would suck.

Don't like the way the storm is amplifying and ticking NW though. Oof. Maybe I shouldn't have talked.

Maybe the Euro can be suppressed again.

I mean you aren’t going to have identical runs every 6 hours. It’s going to waffle. It’s not going to be the 10 inch north GA storm from the 6z, that’s highly unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree...let's see what the Canadian, Ukmet has to stay...the GFS was overly amped to me.

30+ inches Highlands, Cashiers: Historic Ice storm down in SC. Gonna be a major impact winter storm. Need this a little futher south. The Winds/ and long duration cold to follow are gonna make this one to rememeber.
MAJOR SC midlands ice storm I can see this happening here before a snowstorm just saying??‍♂️

Please check your sounding closely. GFS says I am mixing here but the sounding is still snow.
Yes… I just looked at mine and it’s all snow… I would guess the sleet line is just to me south towards Pageland… I have a feeling that somewhere in this there’s gonna be an area of very heavy sleet

Let’s see what the GEFS shows. It’s shown more flatter solutions over northern solutions the last several runs going against the GFS OP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't get too caught up in panic over ice accrual predictions at this range. It's such a thin medium area of precip to forecast just how much you'll get. Plain rain or snow amounts are easier to model at this point than ice.

Back