• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Maybe JB was really onto something when he used the 93 analog....
Honestly, this seems more like a March 2009 setup, January edition than 93. 93 was a triple phaser with the surface low moving NE from the lower Texas coast to near Augusta. If Memory serves.

Honestly, this seems more like a March 2009 setup, January edition than 93. 93 was a triple phaser with the surface low moving NE from the lower Texas coast to near Augusta. If Memory serves.
Wasn’t the 12z Nam pushing the low towards lower Texas coast?

So this means the could on track GFS could trend SE as we get closer if the Vortex stays in the same position? This could also mean it's more likely that the Midlands of SC/Eastern NC could see huge snowfall amouts as a result of this ,correct?
It could, but man, it is really hard to bet on a SE trend around here, especially when models start to latch onto an amped system. We're just going to have to wait and see, unfortunately. But when we seethe SE trend, it's usually because we have a big block in place near Greenland/eastern Canada. That's been my experience anyway.

A couple of things are possible for those rooting for the southern track:

1) The NAO ridge is legit and will keep the PV from scooting north too soon.

2) The models that are showing the amped/NW solutions are keying in on our wave but missing the strength of the wave behind it, which would act as a kicker and keep our wave moving along. If they're mishandling either or each (which they likely are), then volatility will continue until both are onshore.

Lord have mercy why would you say that 5 days out lol? Tempting the snow gods right there.
The funny thing is that most ATL mets are very good at not doing this kinda stuff. I would at least wait until you get into NAM range if you're going to take stuff like this to social media. I personally like FFC's Swedish Chef tweet better.

Back