• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

I may end up having to go out and take another measurement. I think I'll wait until tomorrow morning though, it's not like it's going anywhere tonight. I don't have the energy to get dressed to go out again. Been up since 6am yesterday morning. I did take a 2 hr power nap this morning when I changed to sleet. Moments like this don't happen much and missing a flake is not an option!

Is this ULL going to move north?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could see a slight chance at blizzard warnings tomorrow from Blowing Rock NC north into Virginia. Not for falling slow but for ground blizzard. Although some upslope too.

Final measurement for Simpsonville(assuming we don't get anymore from GA) is a fraction of a hair shy of 6" of all precipitation types. Didn't clean a snow board or anything scientific bc I wanted to see what the total pack of all precipitation types would be. I call 6" in southern Greenville county a win in my books.

Per Rays

As low pressure exits NC into VA this evening. Precipitation diminishes this evening. Then, we transition into a NW Flow snow shower period lasting through the daytime Monday. After 5 PM Sunday, additional accumulations will be an inch or so near the Blue Ridge, but 4" or so at favored mountaintops near the TN/NC Border. Wind becomes ferocious later tonight and Monday--NW 15-25 mph with gusts to 60 mph. Blowing snow and drifting will be an issue Monday. Things calm down Tuesday with a slight moderation in temperatures by afternoon.

My thinking of blizzard warnings tomorrow in the GSP area. I know NWS Blacksburg said Blizzard Warnings further north too but figure I post since GSP wont until the last minute. Winds to 60 and drifts up to 4 feet or more.3C9CAFE1-4538-45F1-9BD4-FD65E60CFA7B.jpeg

Back