• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

I think that's going to do it for me. The backend band pivoted mostly south of here and was very light so probably no need to do another measurement. 6.4 it is for me. I'm very pleased!

GSP had 6.1 earlier but that band may have put down a little more down there. Either way they're less than 4 inches from a double digit year and the pattern is loaded coming up. Double digit seasons used to be fairly common, but after the winter of 92-93 they just stopped. This could finally be their first double digit season since and maybe break the streak!
Might be hanging it up too early. That stuff coming out of Georgia is looking better and better. Plus it’s snowing pretty decently here right now.

ULL is moving directly over the upstate instead of the NC/TN border. That is why areas in north Georgia going east are likely going to get some additional accumulation with these backside bands. We over performed with the FGEN and dynamic cooling, escaped serious ice accretion, and got the ULL to verify further east bringing in more snow. Overall A+ for this system as just about everything went right for us.
You really could tell all day from both radar and water vapor that the ULL wasn’t going to cut up the Apps.

Holy cow look at this MCV !!View attachment 107011
You would think that this would produce just enough lift to keep this stuff going a little longer than what was previously thought. I notice that both TWC and Accuweather have added light accumulations to my hourly grids this evening

Has anyone seen a report from KATL? I was curious is they had any accumulation down there.

Thanks

Would love to be on the OBX to see this would sleep so good. Virginia and NC are getting hammered. ⚡️ ?6C94A072-82F3-4C3C-AF75-25FAE9A0A73C.jpeg

Back