• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Unless there is a burst this afternoon, I doubt Sandy Springs has any accumulation. My roof and outdoor furniture is white, but that’s it. However, it’s better than nothing.

Tomorrow looks like an all day snow event for Tennessee/NC mtns with upslope. Good day to visit Blowing Rock if you prefer snow falling in the air.

It's 31.1 at my location and those tree limbs are starting to get glazed over with a good coating of ice and the wind is increasing rapidly. The wind increase reminds me of what happens when you have an incoming tropical system. Let's hope that surface temperature gets above 32.0 before the trees get too coated with ice and the wind makes things worse.

Sure it’s already been posted but multiple people reporting thunder sleet in Asheville right now

Yeah sun just popped out over here in Alpharetta. Melting quickly ?

Yeah so far, this whole thing is very convective/showery. 5 minutes, I'm under a mod-heavy snow shower, next, just light snow then another heavy mod-heavy snow shower. It's been like this for the last hour and a half. The rates just aren't consistent.

View attachment 106742Returns are starting to pop again near Montgomery. Hopefully this can pinwheel into ATL later.
Yeah… that ULL is definitely still moving due east. It was forecasted cut before it reaches the AL/GA line and be further north when it did. I don’t think it going up the mountains

I need these heavier snow returns near Fayetteville to hold or strengthen in intensity as it pivots north. We need a really good burst of heavy snow to accumulate on this wet brown ground over here.?

Attachments

• D681D740-A9E8-476C-A99E-3A8A15FC38A1.jpeg
    D681D740-A9E8-476C-A99E-3A8A15FC38A1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 40
Thankfully all those storms ⚡️ over Tennessee are not headed East or we would be getting clocked instead of dry slotted tonight

Back