• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Has tapered off in the north metro a bit. Looks like there are heavy returns to the south but they just disappear as they make their way up here.

So, you are probably in the same part of the storm we were in around 6am this morning. We shot up 5 degrees but we have since cooled back to 36. We had a warm tongue at 850 keeping our temps up for the longest but that seems to be eroding.....finally.

Hope it starts eroding soon. Tired of this cold rain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been sitting at 37° for the past 2 hours. Snow mixes in occasionally. I am right on the edge it seems like. I think its going to pivot around me and dry up before this warm layer erodes.

1.5 inches in Roanoke. Snow is starting to transition from smaller flakes to bigger flakes. Big batch of heavy snow about to move in.

saw the first tiny snowflakes here in chapel hill, been all sleet so far. any chance of backend snow for us up this way or are we just going to turn to freezing rain to end it?

Back