• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

This is def the year for Tennessee! Congratulations ?? Thundersnow in multiple counties

The Athens airport (on the east side) says dew point is 35° with temps at 34.

Snow continues to fall pretty heavily on the west side I'm hearing reports that folks on the east side of town are seeing rain
Very light flakes on the east side of town. Watching this area of heavier precip to the south of the Athens area. We will see if it holds together.messages_0 (2).jpeg

The Athens airport (on the east side) says dew point is 35° with temps at 34.

Snow continues to fall pretty heavily on the west side I'm hearing reports that folks on the east side of town are seeing rain
I'm on the northeast side of town. (Athens Tech area) it's been all snow since it turned from sleet. Big flakes sometimes. Tiny flakes now but steady. Accumulating on all surfaces but still melting some.

The issue here is we just haven't had the rates we first had with the changeover. I should have been brushing off an elevated surface every hour to take a measurement. I would speculate I've had between .5" and 1", but the rates are not enough to do anything but keep a perpetual coating on elevated surfaces.

32.4F/31.9

The issue here is we just haven't had the rates we first had with the changeover. I should have been brushing off an elevated surface every hour to take a measurement. I would speculate I've had between .5" and 1", but the rates are not enough to do anything but keep a perpetual coating on elevated surfaces.

32.4F/31.9
Yeah the flakes are dandruff sized and there’s not any mixing going on which seems to indicate temps are good for snow. But the rates are just so light it’s really melting quicker than it is falling at the moment.

Back