• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Models show cad still affecting Northeast quadrant of Alabama through Sunday, can't say it won't reach subfreezing here. Temps are already forecasted at 33/34 by the time the backend of the system comes through. Along with winds coming from the Northeast from the apps through Sunday.

If you click on that link, then go from hour 22-28, notice how the colder temps are advecting from the NW into NE AL. That's not wedging, but typical CAA on the backside of any cyclone. The wedge doesn't have anything to do with whether or not NE AL sees snow from this system.

I mean this is brutal even if you take 25% off these values

If ever a CAD were to overperform, with those winds speeds, it would have to be this one. Who knows, maybe those crazy wrf models showing the CAD area temps 5-8 degrees lower than the NAM and HRRR are onto something? Or on something o_O

If ever a CAD were to overperform, with those winds speeds, it would have to be this one. Who knows, maybe those crazy wrf models showing the CAD area temps 5-8 degrees lower than the NAM and HRRR are onto something? Or on something o_O

I spent two days talking up that model. Now I think it might be stone cold crazy! 42° in Alpharetta. I don’t thing we hit our projected high of 47° if the cad builds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you click on that link, then go from hour 22-28, notice how the colder temps are advecting from the NW into NE AL. That's not wedging, but typical CAA on the backside of any cyclone. The wedge doesn't have anything to do with whether or not NE AL sees snow from this system.
The temps are already 33/34 near freezing by that point as the cold air should be rushing in from the northwest. It all works out in tandem. With CAD through most the day sunday keeping us near freezing. And somewhat snowy. Forecast snowfall totals follow this CAD younger through the Northeast quadrant.Screenshot_20220115-090348-948.png

It will for the Northeast quadrant of the state. Where a winter storm watch or advisory could be issued depending on the trends of how the
The temps are already 33/34 near freezing by that point as the cold air should be rushing in from the northwest. It all works out in tandem. With CAD through most the day sunday keeping us near freezing. And somewhat snowy. Forecast snowfall totals follow this CAD younger through the Northeast quadrant.View attachment 105899
CAD does not keep us snowy….merely cold at the surface. Snowfall does not follow CAD, it follows the track of the ULL, which is why you have snow in TN. CAD will aid in NC where the cold air is much deeper, but it simply doesn’t do it in AL. Never has, never will.

Back