• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Current SE obs:
bigsfc.gif

I moved from Social Circle 20 years ago thinking that an extra 10 miles north might help one day...not. Sadly, when we bought this house, it was down to this one and another in Habersham. The wife won that round.

38.3 with a light ene wind currently. Forecast high of 51. Let's see if we can top out below 45!
Right down the road from you in Monroe. 40.8 winds ENE 5.8. Definitely saw a TON of squirrels and birds this morning running around like crazy. They are better indicators than these dang models a lot of times ?

I appreciate it! This cabin has Hughes Net internet service..not really any service out here but we’re only about 10 minutes from I26. Hoping ALL utilities remain in tact.
Your on a good spot man you'll get smoked be prepared to hunker down and enjoy I'm going to attempt buck creek N.C 80 tomorrow around noon give some obs on the warm nose along the blue ridge. N.C 80 takes you to the base of Mt. Mitchell 3800ft at Buck creek GAP

snku_acc.us_state_nc_va.png

Probably a little more than what the 3K is showing as it’s really just now starting to pick up on the dynamic cooling that HRRR has been steady showing and showing more of.

3km NAM doesn't have precip reaching the triangle until 15z-16z tomorrow.

View attachment 105886

and by 20-21z RDU is above freezing. Hopefully we won't have to worry to much about losing power.

View attachment 105890
I noticed that. I was hoping for an hour or two of snow before the change over here, HRRR and Euro still gives us a shot. The air may just be too dry before heavier returns move in.

Low of 25.5 this morning. Currently, it’s 30/28. I won’t have any problem with surface temps and QPF. I’ll stay below freezing all day tomorrow. It’s that darn warm nose.

I’ll either get 2” of snow/sleet and 0.4” of freezing rain or 4”/0.1”. These systems are so dynamic and models are sketchy even at this range. There will be both pleasant surprises and disappointment across the board.

40 and cloudy here where I’ll be riding this out 6 miles east of Alpharetta, GA

NWS Atlanta has done a great job with this one so far.

I threw a Atlanta specific call map in the other thread and would love to hear some takes over there or on Twitter. It could easily bust.

Let’s reel it in boys and girls. Stay safe!!

Back