• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Ice with a few inches of heavy wet snow will be a nightmare. The ice on the trees and power lines will allow the snow to stick like glue when it may other wise fall off.
I think its a growing trend *hopefully continues* that the northern and central parts of AL and GA see some snow under the ULL/Comma head.

12z RDPS

4ikazZS.gif
Ehh, that's a pretty significant jump with the LP almost in coastal areas of SC to move to near Florence. I'd need to see more consistency before I buy into a jump like that.

I think its a growing trend *hopefully continues* that the northern and central parts of AL and GA see some snow under the ULL/Comma head.
If we can get the Euro on board I would feel much better. Heck 2 inches across AL would be another huge win on par with the one a week or so ago.

If I was in charge of deploying teams for networks I would send someone to Gainesville GA, Charlotte NC, Statesville NC and Boone NC. That will pretty much cover onset ice, city ice, sig ice and sig snow. If I was Jim Cantore I would be in Virginia.

Seems to be the only model picking up on a large area of sleet .. meaning there’s probably still some things to be worked out with our CAD conditions
I really think these models often times have difficulty distinguishing between sleet and freezing rain… I’m noticing a lot of these frames where it’s showing me getting ZR and at the end of the run over an inch, I go back and pull the soundings were actually showing sleet.

What an evoloution to a craptastic Storm track this week. How we get the inland coastal plain track from South Al is how you find a way to screw up a SECHS. Sleet looks to save me, but really gonna have to do Generator checks etc tommorrow. There is someone who is gonna get .75-1.0 freezing rain out of this.

Back