• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin' January

Anyone have euro total snow map for that storm next weekend?

Through day ten
83f66d0d170cd1c6eb19f4f421fdb8b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Euro sure trying to make next weekend interesting for many . Key is the cold push . It’s much further SE on the euro vs the gfs at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the western ridge is stronger and we get the big low over Canada west some, that may be a big hit.

What’s it going to take to get some cold air to settle in east of those damn mountains? I’m starting to lose hope for a 5”+ event ever happening here again. I think many in SC to the coast in GA share these concerns

January 20th storm looks like an anafront.

Same type of front that we scored from on Jan 16-17, the high that day was close to 50 but around 5pm, the front came, temps crashed into the low 30s then the snow started falling with temps in the 20s which produced some high ratios. Ended up with 3” here.

What’s it going to take to get some cold air to settle in east of those damn mountains? I’m starting to lose hope for a 5”+ event ever happening here again. I think many in SC to the coast in GA share these concerns
Winds from the North or West because Northwest tends to warm air (downslope).

Same type of front that we scored from on Jan 16-17, the high that day was close to 50 but around 5pm, the front came, temps crashed into the low 30s then the snow started falling with temps in the 20s which produced some high ratios. Ended up with 3” here.
There do seem to be similarities between last year's storm on those dates and what the models are showing for the upcoming possible winter storm.

Just thinking ahead, when we start storm threads might just need one for the whole week of the 20th with the way the multiple threats are showing up.

Back