• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin' January

Here’s a closer view.
086ee462921735f6f71e2640dcf91e4b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty please?

If I had to make a guess, I think this is how it is going to happen at the moment.
The first storm which will bring a pattern change to us will bring a threat to the mid south. Then right on it’s heel the 2nd storm will bring the Deep South/Mid south a threat.

Since I don't have good GEFS maps to share (mostly all the ensembles), on to the FV3 for me. It says yes to both 1/20 and 1/22 being interesting. In fact, I think it shows what Arcc just mentioned about the wave breaking in two, it just starts getting organized a bit late. It also shows what the battleground "could" end up being with 1/22. The energy gets it's act together much quicker, so while it's a SE winter storm, it's much more of a North AL/Tennessee/Far North GA event so far as it's depicted.

Maps:

View attachment 10845

View attachment 10846

Yep, this trend needs to continue. This could be a big deal.

Attachments

• fv3p_z500_vort_us_fh174_trend (1).gif
    fv3p_z500_vort_us_fh174_trend (1).gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
I was gonna wait till Monday but I can’t . All my 2019 winter chips are now in the middle for January 20-25th. Ride or die
97e03dcb882616ae8814c3f645c4525f.gif

Fire up the thread?? I will do it if you want since I was first to call it, when everyone else was on the bottom of the cliff. ....LOL.

I was gonna wait till Monday but I can’t . All my 2019 winter chips are now in the middle for January 20-25th. Ride or die
97e03dcb882616ae8814c3f645c4525f.gif

Still have a bit of room on the credit cards for even more if this turns to crap so what the heck, I'll join you with an all-in..

Too soon to worry about the low pressure placement. There are a lot of nice pieces coming together finally.

Exactly! Absolutely too soon to worry about any kind of storm track. These models are jumping all over the with the shortwave, especially with the second system, which will change the low placement drastically.

Look at the drastic changes at the s/w energy location run to run, not to mention the northern stream...
0b31776f90191d0c0296c4dc1af3c97e.gif

Eventually there will be an Op run that has this shortwave going neutral to negative tilt in the SE, obliterating the board with a large snowstorm....and everyone will freak out, but for now it’s positive tilt and doesn’t get going, just slides out to sea.

Back