• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin' January

Models are showing some very cold air for a long duration, there's no doubt that 1 or 2 storms will form, plus I wouldn't be shocked if the next couple of runs we see a very huge storm show up once again. The weather is very actived and stormy.

That’s exactly where I want to see a storm at this range, as I said in the banter thread. May still not be far enough south, but it’s a good start.

It’s a good look and you’d imagine it be colder....Many would be in the game if that look verified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I don't have good GEFS maps to share (mostly all the ensembles), on to the FV3 for me. It says yes to both 1/20 and 1/22 being interesting. In fact, I think it shows what Arcc just mentioned about the wave breaking in two, it just starts getting organized a bit late. It also shows what the battleground "could" end up being with 1/22. The energy gets it's act together much quicker, so while it's a SE winter storm, it's much more of a North AL/Tennessee/Far North GA event so far as it's depicted.

Maps:

1547336504307.png

1547336551253.png

Since I don't have good GEFS maps to share (mostly all the ensembles), on to the FV3 for me. It says yes to both 1/20 and 1/22 being interesting. In fact, I think it shows what Arcc just mentioned. It also shows what the battleground "could" end up being with 1/22. The energy gets it's act together much quicker, so while it's a SE winter storm, it's much more of a North AL/Tennessee/Far North GA event so far as it's depicted.

Maps:

View attachment 10845

View attachment 10846

That low looks to far north into Georgia need to be a little further south

That low looks to far north into Georgia need to be a little further south

It was that way on the FV3 because the energy got organized much quicker than in previous runs. It needs to get organized slower. Not so slow that it's strung out but slow enough that the LP is further south.

Holy ####

Here’s a closer view.
086ee462921735f6f71e2640dcf91e4b.jpg

c8be686ac2f467aa2f4a2f79cd53e50e.jpg

Back