• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin' January

The way this pattern is, this is our chance in nc/sc to get a major coastal storm, something I haven’t really seen much in these past years, most of the time it verifies as rain

As we discuss and debate what might happen next in our winter weather, let us briefly remember a discussion last week on this very thread about freezing temps in Atlanta. There was actually discussion here as to whether or not ATL would get below freezing again this winter. The models did not look good and there was lots of doom and gloom and folks walking towards a cliff. There was already talk on January 2 that the month of January was toast. One week later at 7:00 am 1/10/19 Atlanta is reporting 30 degrees. Amazing what a difference a few days can make (especially when you live and die by each batch of computer model runs). This may not end up being the best winter ever, but I will take where we are right now vs. most winters I have experienced in the SE.
Yep, it's not wise to look out past 3 days and be expectant, lol. My recent fav is the cutter/now apps runner that puts snow down on Phil :) The odds there are not good :) Maybe if it's still doing that two days out, there's a chance, but with a cutter doing anything south of Atl...not much of one.

If things are still consistent a thread should be started on Tuesday, all weather models have shifted south with a winter storm threat next week for at least the Carolinas, and it looks like a big dog

It’s not far off from the gfs at all . Same general look at h5
a53130ddf1e8d089fee610b6091a3802.jpg
a15324ca98aadc5d2ad80d41c493a72e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the FV3 is more consolidated, it would be another run like yesterday.

Back