• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin' January

Mercy
e049c93484a0490fdb79f0216e61992d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol...who did SC tick off to get that GFS Op run. Mack is going to miss the big pattern change while he is working on his tan.

View attachment 10801
Even though I wouldn’t be surprised, cause the Midlands is always a screw job but the look just looks odd. And the GFS always shows a look like that with long range cold air chasing winter storm threats

This never work out Cold Chasing Moisture Maybe in the mountains.

Eh...the cold press is impressive. ATL is already fairly cold before the moisture arrives. So I wouldn’t dismiss it. A thousand other reasons why this won’t verify though.

Everybody getting boners about a cold chasing moisture event! :)

No not really . There is clearly a storm signal during this period . The ensembles are all over it. This look right is really close to something much bigger .
c78564733b2a160ab80d453a1036cc90.jpg
dec759558d6d5f08991ad29f906b830c.jpg

Even if it was an extremely light event like an inch - 1.5 . It would have impacts of a huge winter storm with the arctic plowing in behind it and staying for days

Storm next week is definitely a threat for nc, looks to be a 1040+ high in the north, also with that lobe trending south we are definitely in the game, hell a lot of the southeast is in the game in these upcoming weeks

No not really . There is clearly a storm signal during this period . The ensembles are all over it. This look right is really close to something much bigger .
c78564733b2a160ab80d453a1036cc90.jpg
dec759558d6d5f08991ad29f906b830c.jpg

Even if it was an extremely light event like an inch - 1.5 . It would have impacts of a huge winter storm with the arctic plowing in behind it and staying for days

Yeah like snowjam 14 redux

Ungodly cold showing up on operationals with precipitation flying around a a turd in a tornado yet my modeled snow output remains sh**. That’s ok FailV3 will give me my snow in a little while.

If taken verbatim, it's a look that would probably work, but with a low that strong, I wouldn't think it'd be as cold as it was.

Those of us in far east GA and the Carolinas do not want to see a strong low pressure system that is sitting in the middle of NC. It needs to be off the coast. Point though is there has been a storm signal that has pretty consistently shown up around that period for at least two days now.

Watching the GEFS, it's picking up something next weekend and around 1/23-24 but it's not quite as good as yesterday was so far.

Back