• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin' January

Lol just slight differences between the gfs and FV3 at H5
1d68be39f105075e3fe90fa2c7674bda.jpg
f31a1541baac403f3c98761a27d0aa38.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amen Brother! I was noticing that myself..lol..How can both of these models have GFS in their name? They not only look like they are from other countries, they look like they"re from different worlds???

What is it showing?

See below and for the rest of the story go to Tropical Tidbits, run the loop and compare to previous runs, look at the 850 level (below image) and the 500 mb level. It's taking steps in the right direction....
ecmwf_T850_us_11.png

See below and for the rest of the story go to Tropical Tidbits, run the loop and compare to previous runs, look at the 850 level (below image) and the 500 mb level. It's taking steps in the right direction....
ecmwf_T850_us_11.png

It’s also a day ten euro run

This coming from the guy posting 384 hr GEFS maps and saying the wait is over

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was posting that for the people punting January and making stupid ass comments about winter being over for parts of the southeast

I was posting that for the people punting January and making stupid ass comments about winter being over for parts of the southeast

So was I
And guiding others to a location to see what we were discussing
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Let's see if happy hour continues with the fantasy storms on the GFS. It's good seeing that as it really signals a pattern change is on the horizon. Didn't the December storm show around the 260-280 hour range also?

In all serious though that ridge out west and into Alaska on the 12z GEFS starts to pop around hour 60 and the rest of the run looks pretty damn good. As much as I hate snow, the pattern change is coming

ecmwf_T850_us_11.png

Both the GEFS and the EPS agrees that there's some type of coastal in the 10 day time frame. However it looks like on the ensembles, they're warm, and the frame before the coastal, the EPS has them almost into Tennessee like this weekends storm. My guess is another Miller boo boo. Not sure what to look out for to keep it suppressed in the gulf other than a nice 50/50 low which isn't shown. It's all WAR up there. GEFS has it more along the coast though.

1547152472208.png

1547152554310.png

Looks like we're gonna have to wait until after the 25th for snow in the deep south. At least there will be a snowpack building to the north. Maybe that will help in February.
Looks like we're gonna have to wait until after the 25th for snow in the deep south. At least there will be a snowpack building to the north. Maybe that will help in February.
wow. there is all kinds of possibilities before then...it's amazing how easy it is for people to freak out on here

There is no way anyone knows with any certainty what type of sensible weather there will be by then. We can't even predict an ice storm around here a few days out. ;)

I just saw this at that BB: "Weenies look great. Big -NAO signal week 4. Week 3 got even better."

Regarding the weeklies, I don't get them this early.

Back