• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin January 2024

Half the members on the EPS show snow for the ATL. I expect this grow quickly the next few days for many of us.

View attachment 138941
The first week of January looks encouraging, probably the most optimistic I’ve been about our snowy prospects in years. I lowballed it on my snow forecast for January, but I personally think January will be our best month for potential here vs February.

1703342943498.png
This is the best I’ve felt about a pattern since January 2022. Beautiful 5 day averages with tons of confluence over the 50/50 region, sagging TPV down to the Hudson Bay, nice western Canadian and Alaskan ridge, and an active southern jet that is also getting a lot of northern stream influence out of the Pacific Northwest and western Canada. This is actually has real cold air in it from the 50/50 trough and sagging TPV. IF and that’s a big if you can hold this look, I feel really confident of a winter storm north of 20 across the southeast.

The H5 map on the 06z GFS is just beautiful
View attachment 138952

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back