• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin January 2023

KATL is currently sitting at +11.3F above the new January average thus far with the GFS forecasting below. This has essentially been March for all intense and purpose. Calculating these forecasted, temperatures KATL would be just a shade under +10 for the month, making a solid run at first, if not the second warmest January on record. Also, no lows at or below freezing, I'm sure that would be a first. At least we're getting plenty of rain.

1673560049912.png

KATL is currently sitting at +11.3F above the new January average thus far with the GFS forecasting below. This has essentially been March for all intense and purpose. Calculating these forecasted, temperatures KATL would be just a shade under +10 for the month, making a solid run at first, if not the second warmest January on record. Also, no lows at or below freezing, I'm sure that would be a first. At least we're getting plenty of rain.

View attachment 130031
Saw some trees inside Raleigh blooming . Thought it was only a UHI thing till I saw a tree in Zebulon blooming. Bradfords in Raleigh are bud heavy too.

Enjoy y'all's false spring fellas.
eps_z500a_namer_61.png

View attachment 130031

A shot at getting to 32° this weekend. After that it’s smooth sailing through this month. With the potential for a more traditional Nina in February we may be in for a record stretch without a freeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to tell if that is good trend or not really. Also offshore west coast storm looks better?

Hard to tell if that is good trend or not really. Also offshore west coast storm looks better?
In the end it's probably rain for must of us but we are really lowering heights in the east and shifting the sfc low track SE. We'd need help from the D7 system to really go bonkers or something currently not modeled to sneak through in the fast northern stream type flow to establish marginal enough cold but it's worth keeping an eye on

Ya have to like the enhancement over northern Alabama and Georgia late afternoon and evening being depicted by the 00Z HRRR. Probably a little too warm in S. Carolina though.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if some of these convective cells bring down some gusty winds and a few brief snow squalls especially in the higher elevations where it'll be quite windy.

hrrr_ir_seus_25.png

00z HRRR continues to try and develop stuff over central and eastern NC .. it’s been developing some sort of banding feature over us and don’t really know what’s causing it? Any thoughts from some degreed mets? View attachment 130043
Not saying that this is a repeat, but this set up reminds me very much of this little system from February 2009. Models were picking up on the dynamics, but not the precip output until about 6 hours or so out. This basically fell from about 9pm to 3am overnight and surface temperatures were in the mid to upper 40s as precip started and just crashed to around freezing very quickly.

Attachments

• FDFA1AB4-2164-474A-8F9A-FEE4DEA50C80.jpeg
    FDFA1AB4-2164-474A-8F9A-FEE4DEA50C80.jpeg
    270 KB · Views: 74
00z HRRR continues to try and develop stuff over central and eastern NC .. it’s been developing some sort of banding feature over us and don’t really know what’s causing it? Any thoughts from some degreed mets? View attachment 130043
see those returns here in nw bama but history tells me that it will all be in northeast bama ,we barely ever get much out of this unless this setup is a little different

Back