• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin January 2023

Maybe the comments above were taken out of context or something. Nobody said it's been "that cold" or below normal, only there was a GFS run (maybe other models as well) that showed no below freezing temps for the next 2 weeks but it's been below freezing the last 4 nights. Daytime highs as Shane mentioned above are a different story, they've been A or AN
The whole damn point was saying that people were mentioning that it wouldn't get below 32 again this winter and it has in a bad pattern. People at this place I swear

ENJOY THAT 48 HOUR 60 DEGREE RAIN 1/18-1/20:

qpf_048h-imp.conus.png

This is starting to gain consistency on models, CMCE looks the best atm given it starts getting some connection from the TPV View attachment 129836View attachment 129837
It has been inching closer in time for the last few days. Nothing bone chilling temperature wise showing up, but we don't need all that in Mid to Late January. I like to think there will be a window somewhere in that last week of January timeframe.

It has been inching closer in time for the last few days. Nothing bone chilling temperature wise showing up, but we don't need all that in Mid to Late January. I like to think there will be a window somewhere in that last week of January timeframe.
As long as the ridge stays poleward on ensembles, the cold would show eventually show up before retrogression

Only 2 weeks away.......
The late December cold shot was 2 weeks out also & we worked the ensembles into the medium range then into reality & we eventually got the coldest air in years & the opportunity for something to happen, even though it didn't. It's not like we are attempting to work a drunk 324 hour out GFS fantasy run inside the medium range. If this continues to show up to the 240 hour mark, i think it has legs. Just my opinion. Its just a pattern change we are looking for, not some massive fantasy land storm.

Back