• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin January 2023

Scroll through this thread from December 2019. Almost the exact same setup. *hint* *hint* we got all rain
That setup is pretty different because it had a extension of the TPV behind it/lower heights all the way back to the Great Lakes, so it sorta mucked the the damming high, this setup has higher heights over the Great Lakes
Edit wait nevermind that was early dec 2020 that I’m thinking about

18z GFS is very March-like. Nice parade of fronts with plenty of boomers. No blow torch but no winter.

Really think things might play out like [mention]Webberweather53 [/mention]believes.

Of course we probably get an annoyingly cold April .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This looks more like a wet rain vs dry rain for some. Let me explain. The track and transfer seen in some of the guidance can throw a ? in the evolution of this system. The moisture field could skip some areas and screech to a halt in some of the colder spots such as West Jefferson. It’s too early to know the exact track and eastward transfer details but a lot and I mean a lot more can go wrong than right in these unfavorable patterns. The European model is nice to look at but I'm holding some reserve until next Wednesday.

This looks more like a wet rain vs dry rain for some. Let me explain. The track and transfer seen in some of the guidance can throw a ? in the evolution of this system. The moisture field could skip some areas and screech to a halt in some of the colder spots such as West Jefferson. It’s too early to know the exact track and eastward transfer details but a lot and I mean a lot more can go wrong than right in these unfavorable patterns. The European model is nice to look at but I'm holding some reserve until next Wednesday.
Wilkesboro is that you?.......... I will not even pretend that I understand this post.

View attachment 129474
GEFS improved. Definitely has more members with snow flying around and a big dog here.
While this may end up being the big one for mountain regions by no means do I think us piedmont dwellers are out of this. Absolutely you wanna live in the mountains right now but I think many are still “in play” with this at this range. We could very well fail out and go cold rain per usual but I’ll put 3 of my 10 eggs in this basket right now. Cause why not ??‍♂️

Back