• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin January 2023

Still not a bad comparison to mid Feb 1989 on the 18z GEFS
4beed902c178654d1defbb5c49a5c8f0.jpg

Sent from my SM-A136U1 using Tapatalk

Getting that cutoff/trough into the GOAK around day 7-9 is key in this pattern to progressing it east.
Yeah it’s like a kicker wave, but normally it’s kicking a shortwave. This is more like kicking the whole longwave trough over Canada to the east

Our windows of opportunity this winter have been so tight / quick. Kind of feels like this winter just needs to be ‘put out to pasture’. But we’ll keep watching

From Google for reference lol: The term being “put out to pasture” was once coined to describe tired old horses who were retired from their work and put out to the pasture to graze and wait quietly to die.

I'm trying to find a silver lining Grit lol, I'm an old snow weenie at heart from NC. I'll die with the rest of them. I also understand the reality of things not working out in the atmosphere to score. I just appreciate everyone trying to come to a common goal on this forum, but we end up getting our feelings hurt here in the south alot. Mother nature does what it does and there's nothing we can do about except to track it and hope for the best.

It all runs in cycles. I hear a lot of talk, speculation how great the 80s where, sometines 90s. Reality is 2000- 2020ish where way better , save a couple seasons. No doubt 2000-2010 was best decade I observed and the 70s where pretty solid as well. But if you tally up, 2010-2019 actually has the most events for NC.
Use webbers NC log of events to see for yourself. Personally 2000-2004 where 3 of my top 4 storms I expierenced. I was fortunate to be in the mtns March 1993. 3 of those 4 had well over afoot of snow, the Ice storm of the century Dec 2002 makes the top 4 list. It was borderline catastrophic here in my county.
Heres the link. Has SC as well I beleive.

I'm trying to find a silver lining Grit lol, I'm an old snow weenie at heart from NC. I'll die with the rest of them. I also understand the reality of things not working out in the atmosphere to score. I just appreciate everyone trying to come to a common goal on this forum, but we end up getting our feelings hurt here in the south alot. Mother nature does what it does and there's nothing we can do about except to track it and hope for the best.

Oh I hear ya. We’re not far off here if we can get Fro’s kicker wave / trough to move west to east into the Gulf of AK and get the big Canadian trough to sag south just a bit. Winter trends haven’t been good to us though

The CMC Ens is always good for spitting out a few entertaining members (member in upper left with snow from Houston to Columbia, and ice in N FL lol)

1674611034521.png

It’s a tough pill to swallow right now but this is what we’re dealing with.. snowfall so far this winter. I still believe this map will looks slightly different come the end of the season with our best shot coming late February and early march but maybe it’s wishful thinking. We’re technically still one event away from having more snow on the season then New York or DC .. pretty crazy snow drought we’re all in.1674613669394.png

It’s a tough pill to swallow right now but this is what we’re dealing with.. snowfall so far this winter. I still believe this map will looks slightly different come the end of the season with our best shot coming late February and early march but maybe it’s wishful thinking. We’re technically still one event away from having more snow on the season then New York or DC .. pretty crazy snow drought we’re all in.View attachment 131206
What a crappy looking map though. I know it's the SE, and many people forget that, but damn....looks like crap.

It’s a tough pill to swallow right now but this is what we’re dealing with.. snowfall so far this winter. I still believe this map will looks slightly different come the end of the season with our best shot coming late February and early march but maybe it’s wishful thinking. We’re technically still one event away from having more snow on the season then New York or DC .. pretty crazy snow drought we’re all in.View attachment 131206
Gotta go Snowfall % of Mean in order to fully feel the pain:

QULkGsV.png

Winter pattern to date:

eistG0d.png

going to look a lot different...it will even be different tomorrow...

Back