• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin January 2023

EPS run features stronger EC ridge/more interaction out west, and a nice fat 582dm ridge over us by this weekend, now that’s what I call winning !! AA6A75C3-5B15-4E80-B594-5659CFBE1844.pngEB0F4378-4822-45AC-BD4C-FBBAA42E61C5.png97F85082-024C-4135-9FC0-619F2E30096F.pngthis is gonna feel much better then what we just had. Go outside and flip some burgers, play some golf, actually be able to enjoy the outdoors with this high T looking pattern, get out your heated house and enjoy the outdoors ! D9C482EE-C96E-453C-AC00-D21C8565E55F.png

We live in the south. The cold periods are longer up North. It does mean it isn't equal or opposite.
Nothing to do with living in the south or north. It's based on a locations average and we're constantly above our average. Take Charlotte for example. It isn't even close to being the same amount of below average days as above average days. And it's been this way for years and years. You'd probably find the same for most locations around the country as well. Especially the east.20221227_142422.png

GEFS is showing a nice trough signal stemming from Cuba late in the run ? ? View attachment 128804
Look at Canada !! Nice source region weiner roast. It’s a pacific air sauna into NA with that look, no 50/50 low to even give us hope. We’re getting a tiny taste of polar pacific there. Just enough for a few nicky b type days and a big frosty car topper

Look at Canada !! Nice source region weiner roast. It’s a pacific air sauna into NA with that look, no 50/50 low to even give us hope. We’re getting a tiny taste of polar pacific there. Just enough for a few nicky b type days and a big frosty car topper
A roasting Canada has produced some huge events for us in the past; especially at peak winter time. IMO, i'll take a warm canada over a big polar vortex spinning over central Canada any day. I'll agree that particular look posted isn't too sexy though.

Also seems like today's model runs started off the can kicking process with any decent pattern, sigh.

Also, this is just antidotal, but I don't agree with people rooting for the coldest part of the polar vortex to be on our side of the globe. In general, it almost always winds up staying more stationary in northern Canada and we get SE ridge treatment, or cold/dry with cutters in between.

Just my opinion going off memory from the last 20 years of winter pattern watching.

Latest mode runs trending deeper and further east with the GOAK trough mid jan. Pacific jet trending stronger, as mentioned above, that could be a can kicking factor. That’s good. I’m done with cold
Looks like a Super El Nino to a T. Normally we are trying to get the Pac Jet to extend during a Niña, now we are trying to slow it down lol. Oh well, let’s see how this trends going forward

Looks like a Super El Nino to a T. Normally we are trying to get the Pac Jet to extend during a Niña, now we are trying to slow it down lol. Oh well, let’s see how this trends going forward
Yeah have a good feeling we’re not getting the full picture here. Strat warming will always throw a wrench in trends but you have to wait until models can actually pick up on it. Again we are always expecting a delay with patterns as that’s what models do as they did with this past cold pattern. Nothing I wasn’t expecting here.

Back