• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Zeta

And the HWRF continues to go bonkers(18z HMON is a good bit weaker). HWRF is Cat 2-3 at landfall and may need inland hurricane warnings close to BHM. Elevated regions like Cheaha would be devastated.

View attachment 51163
I REALLY SEE THIS AS BEING "CRAZY" .. THE HWRF HAS DONE EXCEPTIONALLY WELL WITH JUST ABOUT EVERY STORM THIS YEAR. DO I THINK IT POSSIBLE ABSOLUTELY, DO THINK IT WILL HAPPEN?. I DOUBT IT BUT IT IS 2020 AND ANYTHING GOES

Spann changing his tune
589f0f22475651800b3a43dc18511013.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s what I’m wondering. If I had to guess right now I’d say probably not. Most likely a wind advisory or high wind warning. Gsp hasn’t issued tropical storm watches for upstate sc since I believe Hugo I could be wrong though

GSP actually issued Tropical Storm Warnings for York and Cherokee counties in SC along with Gaston, Mecklenburg, Union, and Cabarrus counties in NC for Hurricane Michael in 2018. However it wasn’t until the storm was actually well into east central GA and still a strong cat 1.

Something I noticed on almost every model. It has the strongest winds south east of the center. Even though the center maybe 50-75 miles from some people. They could see stronger winds then they would being right under the center. Is because it’s lopsided?

Something I noticed on almost every model. It has the strongest winds south east of the center. Even though the center maybe 50-75 miles from some people. They could see stronger winds then they would being right under the center. Is because it’s lopsided?

I believe that is a factor of the rapid speed of the system that will enhance the winds to the right of the center (wind speed + forward speed of system) where near center you will be dealing with only the "true" wind speed. You can see this with fast moving QLCS systems also

Haven’t seen stuff like this around CLT since the sting jet with Michael, overdone likely but still, wow View attachment 51169View attachment 51170View attachment 51171View attachment 51172
It might not be overdone by much. I remember the day before Michael came through here how a lot of local mets were dismissing the models that were showing wind gusts of 60-70 mph. CLT ended up having a max gust of 62mph I think and my home weather station recorded a max gust of 67mph which was the strongest I had experienced since Hugo.

Back