• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Zeta

TS watch now in effect for a majority of N GA
ElXW-aRWoAA0qZh

It’s expected to get to cat 1. But I wouldn’t at all be surprised to see a 100mph cane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This place is pretty quiet all things considered

I was about to say the same thing. Not to take away the concerns of any coastal folks on the board, but when you're in metro Atlanta and the last 3 rain events have resulted in 4-6 inch instances of rainfall with the ground still juiced from Saturday, we could be in for a rude awakening.

Anyone think TS Watches will make it into the Upstate?

That’s what I’m wondering. If I had to guess right now I’d say probably not. Most likely a wind advisory or high wind warning. Gsp hasn’t issued tropical storm watches for upstate sc since I believe Hugo I could be wrong though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't why they even issued one for Atlanta, honestly. It's gusts, not sustained winds. Which is by definition what warrants a TS watch/warning. A wind advisory/ and flood watch would of have been sufficient enough.
I think the watch is more in case the winds are stronger when it comes inland and they're saying 20 to 30 sustained right now. Models may be right about it being slightly stronger or may be too strong.

It's ironic TWC is forecasting stronger sustained winds here than the NWS. They've been forecasting 25-35mph, gust over 40mph for a couple days now. I think they revised down because I think I remember seeing 30-40mph for Thursday yesterday.

I don't why they even issued one for Atlanta, honestly. It's gusts, not sustained winds. Which is by definition what warrants a TS watch/warning. A wind advisory/ and flood watch would of have been sufficient enough.

I was thinking the same thing. Does High Wind Watches/Warnings not exist anymore?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got my answer right here. ?

Back