• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Sally Inland Effects

Haven’t seen 8” of rain in a while. I don’t even know what that’ll do here
If we get 6-9in we know I-20 will flood in areas, 85 ITP will along with all these backroads in our parts. We have a ton of all small bridges that can flood with that much water. Traffic will be horrible Thursday night and Friday morning. I-20 near 6 flags is where I’ll look for flooding. I remember that one September flood a few years back where that whole HWY was shut down due to flooding.

They are trolling me
I think it's good, someone is going to push double digits in Nga or the upstate where the where the heaviest rain with the initial stuff that gets going tomorrow afternoon can overlap with the heaviest rain directly tied to the circulation itself.

Last edited:
Justus showed his forecast rain totals, showed 1.9 for me after showing 5.7 last night. Why on earth did he bail when the models and the WPC seem to be in decent agreement of at least 3-5+ here?
That honestly makes no sense to me. This looks like the perfect upslope set up for the western Upstate... I truly think that area should see 5-7 inches easy and that is GSP’s thinking as well.

This is definitely an I-85 rainfall event. With this setup, I can pretty much guarantee there will isolated 10-12 inch totals, especially in areas close to the wedge boundary.
I think your right on that and I think we will know by tomorrow afternoon exactly where that boundary sets up because I won’t be shocked to start seeing rain develop along it by then.

It’s going to be close. Especially along that wedge boundary, which could fluctuate north or south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Justus showed his forecast rain totals, showed 1.9 for me after showing 5.7 last night. Why on earth did he bail when the models and the WPC seem to be in decent agreement of at least 3-5+ here?
johnny c called him, and told him to do it! He can never get rid of the Ghost of John C
Latest rainfall maps have a dot of 6-8” getting precariously close to Upstate SC

Back