• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Sally Inland Effects

It’s not just sally it’s a front to. Both are playmakers between the front and sally will be heavy rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0z NAM sticking to its guns. A non event north of I-20 in the Carolinas. Some of upstate SC under .05 out of it. The slower movement right now says the NAM will be right about this track. I expect the Euro and GFS to go way south tonight or early tomorrow. If this does miss the next 2 weeks look dry so drought will become the big story north of I-20.

b340a7d9b27b330edd9d6e418b8a418d.jpg

I don’t think Euro or GFS has went south yet....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m thinking this still goes south. I don’t we done have a lot of posters from the Ashe County NC area into the New River area of Virginia but I wouldn’t be surprised if dry cold air eats away at the northern shield of rain. I think 1-2” will be common for many tho esp south of i40 with higher amounts over Georgia and South Carolina.

CMC would be widespread severe for all Carolinas and heavy rain even into central Tennessee. Seems out to lunch...I’m favoring a sharp gradient across NC with very little up this way to 3” near Charlotte.

Really? You’re not expecting the apocalypse from rain in Wilkes County? Color me surprised at this reaction. You been hanging around Blue Footed Boobies?

78002064720d160605bffe1691361402.jpg

12km NAM finally came around:

00z
Capture1.PNG
12z
Capture2.PNG

Haha I don't really get all the hand-wringing over the NAM all the time. Next to the JMA, it might be the worst model ever invented. I'll give it some credence when it it shows a warm nose, but that's about it.
Even worse than Deep thunder, or DGEX?
Anywho, I think the 8” lollipops over GSP and CLT, are waaaay overblown on the Euro! I think widespread 2-4” is a good bet

Back