• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Nate

Wow, Nate already down to 994 mb. Prob a 45/50 mph storm now.

Like 12Z, 0Z Euro barely misses Yuc. Stronger than GFS/CMC.

Init, ~50 miles NE of reality but much better than UK.

Last edited:
Euro is 1000 mb just before landfall and then 993 mb over the swamp south of New Orleans

Euro appears to be stronger over Alabama than off Louisiana :rolleyes:

Last edited:
not very excited

16_L_intensity_latest.png

So far 6z Nam and 6z gfs has nate stronger, lets see if he continues this trend

So the logic appears to be the further east it goes the stronger the solutions appear to be

Will be interesting to see what happens with Nate for sure. I still think this might struggle to become a hurricane, but it's possible. The stronger solution will be further east and a weak one west. Shear parameters don't look bad but not great either.

When I look at the satellite pic it's almost like there is too much competition for convergence. Notice how "spread" out the storms look. Need more consistent consolidated storms closer to Nate

Meanwhile while all the other nws offices released graphics yesterday KBMX still using the same one they have been for the past 48 hours
f6f43561077d9d1af84d315410acafed.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Recon found 996 mb on the latest pass . Today is a big day for nate. If it does not get going today it never will

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Back