• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Nate

11pm update is a little weaker
8c4e4df7b173df7b864deb8f40ada2b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

I bet the 00z gfs comes in east of previous runs

00z gfs is a great scenario. Very very weak system that brings rain to many

Not sure what the hell the 00z CMC just did. Somehow it managed to take a system through central Mississippi but it's weak as hell also like the gfs

UKMET almost hits New Orleans!!! and goes into MS as a low end hurricane probably, big west shift

0000UTC 08.10.2017 72 29.5N 89.8W 982 57
1200UTC 08.10.2017 84 31.9N 88.3W 992 23

UKMET almost hits New Orleans!!! and goes into MS as a low end hurricane probably, big west shift

0000UTC 08.10.2017 72 29.5N 89.8W 982 57
1200UTC 08.10.2017 84 31.9N 88.3W 992 23
Ukie seems very jumpy lately

So as fate would have it, I flew to Texas for a business trip to start the week. As I flew over Houston on Monday, I noticed some of the canals still are pretty full of water from Harvey.

I got an alert on my phone Wednesday afternoon as I was heading to the airport to head home, from a TV station from Atlanta, highlighting the potential for tropical impacts here early next week.

Haven't dove into the model data yet -- I've been home for just a couple of hours and been preoccupied with playoff baseball and laundry -- but history says for those of us in North Georgia, a robust tropical system that landfalls in the Florida panhandle/Alabama coast and moves northward spells bad weather up here.

Irma really was an outlier, a system that moves from SE Ga/NE Fla to the northwest. More often, my area gets hammered by systems that come ashore from Biloxi-Pensacola and race northward through Mississippi/Alabama, putting us north and east of the center of circulation.

Even without diving into the potential metrics of this system, those in North Georgia have to watch this. A Cat 1 that landfalls at, say, Mobile Bay and works NNE, would put a good bit of N Georgia into the area where there could be rain and wind impacts.

I really hope this does not develop into a powerful system. Let's watch it and pay attention, and plan accordingly.

--30--

Euro is about 30 mb weaker too, probably not even a hurricane or just barely coming ashore south of New Orleans

Screenshot_2017-10-05-01-23-06.png

Back