• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Isaias

Of course it be a hurricane models was underestimating it for days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that sucks. Hope it stays far enough off the coast that the damage is minimal.

The real question is wind field, how organized of a core does this thing develop, how much does the wind field shrink and how far does it push out real strong winds.....also track inland more like Euro or sound skirter makes a big difference.

The latest Euro track give most of eastern NC cane or better gust IMO.....IF it can organize and develop a decent CDO and keep its large wind field,......the models all have this as a rather small system up here wind wise as well

This Euro run would be sub 990 mb in mby....still it seems like the models all really shrink up the storm....

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2020073012_126_23961_149.png

It’s funny I noticed this last hurricane season but everyone thinks the hurricane will go where they will get the most affect from it lol.

I remember @ForsythSnow was convinced that Dorian I think it was, was going to go into the gulf and strike the panhandle .... even as it struck N.C. he was convinced it was going to make a u turn and come up the Florida panhandle to give Atlanta a nice storm . Tongue in cheek here but that’s just one example lol. Not saying bad or good just saying this is definitely a thing here .

It’s funny I noticed this last hurricane season but everyone thinks the hurricane will go where they will get the most affect from it lol.

I remember @ForsythSnow was convinced that Dorian I think it was, was going to go into the gulf and strike the panhandle .... even as it struck N.C. he was convinced it was going to make a u turn and come up the Florida panhandle to give Atlanta a nice storm . Tongue in cheek here but that’s just one example lol. Not saying bad or good just saying this is definitely a thing here .
Lol it happens every season. I'm a bit more convinced this will ride the coast this time however. At least I learn. Troughs vs hurricanes always turn out the same.

Lol it happens every season. I'm a bit more convinced this will ride the coast this time however. At least I learn. Troughs vs hurricanes always turn out the same.

Yeah you need a negative tilt or cut off to pull it inland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18Z GFS comes west first landfall maybe over Cape Fear/ILM this time...then solid landfall call it Jacksonville/Swansboro

Seeing several stations across the Dominican Republic whose pressures bottomed out at ~996mb, this airport in Puerto Plata is reporting a pressure of about 998mb atm (once you correct for the 23 mph wind being observed w/ 1000mb pressure) and it's still falling. Isaias might get getting close to becoming a hurricane already.

Seeing several stations across the Dominican Republic whose pressures bottomed out at ~996mb, this airport in Puerto Plata is reporting a pressure of about 998mb atm (once you correct for the 23 mph wind being observed w/ 1000mb pressure) and it's still falling. Isaias might get getting close to becoming a hurricane already.

I was just gonna post if the center is in that blob 75 mph peak is gonna be conservative

received_907242316441462.jpeg

Not going to be surprised if this thing gets huge and the track ends up being totally different with the way hurricanes have been the last few years. We have seen some blow up overnight into monsters and some end up changing forecasted tracks by hundreds of miles. Also, it's still 2020.

I was just gonna post if the center is in that blob 75 mph peak is gonna be conservative

View attachment 45504

Looks like that convective blow-up is SE of the center, low-level southeasterly flow getting orographically lifted over the eastern part of the DR coupled w/ convergence from Isaias's circulation seems to be at fault. The convection isn't favorably juxtaposed wrt the circulation (yet), you really wanna see a blow-up like that in the upshear left (SW-W quad).

Back