• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ida

While we wait for a plane to kick the tires and light the fires, radar clearly shows a healthy and contracting eye.

Going to be interesting fixes next time the planes go through. Have we continued the rapid drops in pressure or not? Satellite would make the argument we will have the chance at sub 940mb

Surprised at the 140mph. I was expecting 130mph. Ida has been moving at a brisk pace and I'm doubtful there is enough time to get to a Cat 5. We'll see though. Historic storm regardless.

That's what I'm seeing too. 105kt SMFR in the SE quad isn't too shabby for a 950mB storm. Recon isn't messing around, they're going right for the NE quad.

Yeah but that's up almost 7mb from the earlier 943 they found. With no change in radar or IR it makes me wonder why the bounce back up in pressure.

Yeah but that's up almost 7mb from the earlier 943 they found. With no change in radar or IR it makes me wonder why the bounce back up in pressure.
947mB Different section of the eye I presume. Still some mighty impressive winds. It may have peaked? 1630229902155.png

I think she has peaked as well. Should maintain or maybe bounce back a little more strength on the way in.

Back