• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ida

I had said in our discord last night I wouldn't be surprised.to.see a 940mb storm with the way the euro was dropping pressure so severely per run leading up and the crazy 3km.nam being sub 900.

How, when, where, and how far is this thing from that 91F loop current?
Honestly, the loop current is not as big of a deal as usual. The shelf water and even the marshes are toasty and with the forward speed of Ida, she has the fuel to fire on all cylinders right up until marsh-fall.

This next recon is gonna be big. Is she leveling off or do we see another 10mb+ drop. If it's the latter then she will make a run at cat 5 I think.
There are no signs of leveling off that I can see. If anything, Ida looks even more impressive. I doubted Ida would ever make it to a car 4. I was very, very wrong.

I had said in our discord last night I wouldn't be surprised.to.see a 940mb storm with the way the euro was dropping pressure so severely per run leading up and the crazy 3km.nam being sub 900.

How, when, where, and how far is this thing from that 91F loop current?

Warmest waters are ahead. TCHP drops off but that shouldn’t matter at this stage and there is plenty of it still.
1630221490014.gif
1630221562203.jpeg

Attachments

• 1630221535484.jpeg
    1630221535484.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 6
NEW STEERING MAPS ARE IN... THE FIRST ONE IS THE 0300UTC AND THE SECOND IS THE 0600UTC

NOTICE THE ORIENTATION OF THE RIDGE ON THE 0600UTC MAP COMPARED TO THE 0300UTC

View attachment 89637

View attachment 89638
Yeah, I'm not liking that. I'm not sure if you use this site too, but this latest NNW movment has been rather persistent and I can't help but notice what looks like a bit of a slowdown in forward speed too. They always slow before they turn.

Recon turned around again... I swear...
I'm trying to recall such trouble with getting recon into a storm when it is literally bombing out approaching 12 hours from the coast.
It's bordering on ridiculous at this point.
What a shame.

With the surprises coming at the tail of the last pass, we're just sitting on our butts and waiting.

I think Ida has 1 more run here to try and get to maybe a cat 5.......Recon will be telling in a few..

Back