• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ida

funny thing for me, back then I would only stay up if it was going to effect me....now, wtf...this really won't do anything IMBY..hahah

I stayed up just enough to see the eye clear on Katrina and was ill I missed the rest, stayed up to see Rita bomb below 900mb and yet went to bed too early to see Wilma get below 900mb because recon didn’t get there until 2:30 or so.

Let’s not loose our bearing, IR presentation is an order of magnitude better than 4hrs ago, Dvorak is down to 940. As I told Josh and Steve tonight, sub 940 is the line for historic at landfall in this area. Josh relocated to NOLA proper.

I saw that a few minutes ago. It's been nailing intensification. Ida is going down to 925 cause ya'll called me weenie. I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight.

Data from an Air Force Reserve Hurricane Hunter aircraft and NOAA
Doppler weather radars indicate that Hurricane Ida has continued to
rapidly intensify this Sunday morning. Maximum sustained winds are
now estimated to be 130 mph (215 km/h). This makes Ida a category 4
hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale.

I had said in our discord last night I wouldn't be surprised.to.see a 940mb storm with the way the euro was dropping pressure so severely per run leading up and the crazy 3km.nam being sub 900.

How, when, where, and how far is this thing from that 91F loop current?

Back