• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ian

GFS is def a bit east this run vs 18z, but a bit even more vs the 12z run. Recon should be there shortly.

gfs_mslpa_us_20.png

I still can't get over the fact that we have a CAD setup with an incoming TC lol

gfs_mslpa_us_20.png

I still can't get over the fact that we have a CAD setup with an incoming TC lol
What’s crazy is around the prime CAD regions the globals have us around 50 degrees when the hurricane is rolling through and globals are really bad at picking up on CAD so it would be something if we are getting hurricane conditions in the 40’s

I'm freaking out right now, we are literally seeing a winter storm-like set up with a TC. A cold-air damming set up with the TC bringing in lots of tropical moisture to cause overrunning.

This is insane.

What a baffling storm so far. lol Recon still not found a good center so far....wind shift south, no real clouds around....I expect they might find one further NW. We shall see.

What’s crazy is around the prime CAD regions the globals have us around 50 degrees when the hurricane is rolling through and globals are really bad at picking up on CAD so it would be something if we are getting hurricane conditions in the 40’s
Well not exactly hurricane conditions since the storm will rapidly weaken over land but it's still insane that we're talking about the possibility of experiencing the remnants of a TC with temps possibly in the 40's/50's

Today I drove from Richmond to Raleigh for my uncles 60th birthday. My uncle likes whiskey so I thought, I’ve been meaning to try this place out for a while, let’s go to Weldon Mills Distillery for a bottle?

Yo. That bottle of whiskey was 116 dollars. I hope it’s grade A whiskey because I’ll tell you what, if I knew it cost that much, I wouldn’t of gotten it! Just an fyi in case anyone tries to pull the same move.

I’m in my hotel room now ingesting everything. First of all it doesnt look *great* that convection collapsed, but it happens. Way more worried about the inconsistent depiction on recon charts, I thought something more mature would peek out by now.

OMG... Why did Recon approach the storm from that direction? There isn't anything in that location. The Storm has vertically-stacked near the right-side convection, and is already establishing a ring around the Center. The vorticity extends vertically, so horizontally induced vorticity has died out. In weak shear environments with bathtub water the thermals ascend rapidly up to initiate RI.

Back