• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Helene

Even if these wind gust projections are overdone, it's gonna be quite noisy due to the pressure gradients

I'm really interested to see what inland areas are going to see the biggest impact. I'm in the Holly Springs area, kind of on the edge of the foothills. On the other hand, my family will be visiting Sapphire NC tomorrow thru Sunday. I can imagine it'll be quite breezy being on the Escarpment. But that pressure battle zone as the storm gets eaten by the ULL will be really interesting to observe.
I'm just a short ways south of you, and we can definitely be hit with some high wind gusts and upslope rains depending on the exact orientation of the wind.

1727277628184.png

And this is lock step with the latest GFS. This would not be good for a lot of folks as that much rain and wind in the mountains and foothills would cause a lot of havoc.

View attachment 151778

View attachment 151779
This has to be at least 75 miles east of the official forecast track. I'm not even sure what to believe. Some models show it east and the official track has it west.

On thing I noticed is that the models that swing Helene closer to the Yucatan end up being on the western side of guidance whereas the ones that stay farther away end up on the eastern half. Ex. the HMON clipped the Yucatan and ended in west GA, whereas the HWRF stayed farther off the coast and remained farther east till the US where is ended up in central and NE GA opposed to west and NW GA. Maybe something to keep an eye on. The latest center find from recon has the center pinged farther from the Yucatan. I wonder if that will have any effects downstream like the models suggest or if its just a coincidence.

On thing I noticed is that the models that swing Helene closer to the Yucatan end up being on the western side of guidance whereas the ones that stay farther away end up on the eastern half. Ex. the HMON clipped the Yucatan and ended in west GA, whereas the HWRF stayed farther off the coast and remained farther east till the US where is ended up in central and NE GA opposed to west and NW GA. Maybe something to keep an eye on. The latest center find from recon has the center pinged farther from the Yucatan. I wonder if that will have any effects downstream like the models suggest or if its just a coincidence.
It really has nothing to do with the Yucatan. Look at the ULL to the west and the Atlantic ridge to the east...thats where you will see your differences that are influencing the outcome.

It really has nothing to do with the Yucatan. Look at the ULL to the west and the Atlantic ridge to the east...thats where you will see your differences that are influencing the outcome.
i disagree, i think the storm getting tangled with land interaction is what put weaker solutions on the table and supported western solutions. ensemble data showed stronger solutions favoring the eastern side of the envelope. i wouldn't be surprised to seem some eastward ticks in modeling this cycle now that that hurdle has been cleared

Back