• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Helene

Latest from NHC

094338_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

I definitely would question the intensity but we are dealing with a unique situation and I'd rather take the precedence of Irma and how that interacted with the upper level features than with previous storms that were isolated inland racers. The pressure being so low too will enhance the winds.

Even if these wind gust projections are overdone, it's gonna be quite noisy due to the pressure gradients

I'm really interested to see what inland areas are going to see the biggest impact. I'm in the Holly Springs area, kind of on the edge of the foothills. On the other hand, my family will be visiting Sapphire NC tomorrow thru Sunday. I can imagine it'll be quite breezy being on the Escarpment. But that pressure battle zone as the storm gets eaten by the ULL will be really interesting to observe.

Yea, looking at the new cone, the very eastern edge of the cone looks like it now goes right up through the middle of Georgia
I need the east side of guidance to verify. I'm hoping the Icon is right this time. I may need to take down my neighbor's dead pine tree that sits east of my house, tonight or tomorrow.

Back