• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

WOW the CMC rakes the central Florida East coast barely moving for 30 hours before finally moving inland.

If you can tell sir it’s feeling the weakness off trough as it approaches landfall and slow down.
I do understand that sir, I was talking about at "Landfall", i was not saying anything about feeling the weakness of the trough. I do understand what's going on here and I do understand and aware that this storm will ride the east coast and take a visit in your back yard

0Z GEFS: most members holds onto a move through FL into the Gulf before turning north. Way different than the operational. Keep in mind that the operational is the FV3 whereas the GEFS is based on an older version. That sometimes may explain when there is a big discrepancy. Remember that the FV3 has a significant SE troughing bias, which may explain why its 0Z run is so far N.

0Z GEFS: most members holds onto a move through FL into the Gulf before turning north. Way different than the operational. Keep in mind that the operational is the FV3 whereas the GEFS is based on an older version. That sometimes may explain when there is a big discrepancy. Remember that the FV3 has a significant SE troughing bias, which may explain why its 0Z run is so far N.
Your are talking 0z gefs right? My is only 17% loaded right now. Yours is fast

Most then recurve into AL/W FL Pan/GA and then mainly eastern Carolinas.

HWRF is about 20 mb weaker so far. 20 minutes til the Euro starts

26 mb weaker at hour 81 also looks to be a tad south going against most of the 0z runs so far

hwrf_satIR_05L_13.png

Last edited:
00z HMON continuing to be inconsistent from run to run smh. It's similar to 00z Canadian, slowly crawling NNW up through FL. Meanwhile, 00z HWRF is still going balls to the wall crazy on the wind intensity, 171.2 kts Sunday afternoon as Dorian approaches FL. That's just south of 200mph, no big deal.:oops:
hwrf_mslp_uv850_05L_32.png

00z HMON continuing to be inconsistent from run to run smh. It's similar to 00z Canadian, slowly crawling NNW up through FL. Meanwhile, 00z HWRF is still going balls to the wall crazy on the wind intensity, 171.2 kts Sunday afternoon as Dorian approaches FL. That's just south of 200mph, no big deal.:oops:
hwrf_mslp_uv850_05L_32.png

Thats at 850 mb(aloft) just to be fair but its still no joke

0Z Euro hits SE FL. but now is stalling and looking like it may move up the peninsula similar to the CMC

Just barely north of Miami probably a Cat 4. This would be a complete nightmare, very very expensive real estate and lots of people

Way slower over a day later for landfall this runecmwf_z500_mslp_watl_6 (5).png

Last edited:
Back