• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

Yep it wants to solidify its eye
codnexlab.NEXRAD.JUA.N0Q.20190828.2232.024ani.gif
That's crazy. When I saw the eye wall collapse on radar I thought we were going to see this struggle a bit until the overnight. I guess not

Starting to get some lightning in the eyewall too.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That's crazy. When I saw the eye wall collapse on radar I thought we were going to see this struggle a bit until the overnight. I guess not

Just wait for recon to get to the NE quadrant. The north end they were clocking up around 72 knots at the peak unflagged.

All you guests need to sign up and join the conversation, especially those in Florida.

Looks like the legacy gfs kind of splits the difference between the fv and euro

So kind of a dumb question, what's stopping this storm from becoming way stronger than modeled since PR and Hispaniola are no longer factors? That's my biggest fear with Dorian at the moment.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

So kind of a dumb question, what's stopping this storm from becoming way stronger than modeled since PR and Hispaniola are no longer factors? That's my biggest fear with Dorian at the moment.

Dry air seems to be the big factor right now

Right now dry air, long term nothing modeled. It will become dependant on ERCs.

I’m really hugging the euro. You notice that particular model has had not as big of swings. It’s been the most consistent so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dry air seems to be the big factor right now

Okay, though that isn't all that calming since even with dry air it managed to intensify so much in a short period of time. Hopefully dry air becomes a bigger and long term hinder for Dorian.

Okay, though that isn't all that calming since even with dry air it managed to intensify so much in a short period of time. Hopefully dry air becomes a bigger and long term hinder for Dorian.

yeah with the big ones its usually either dry air or maybe unexpected shear, but usually the ERC's will be the main cause of up and down cycles, the timing can either help or hurt the coast and are impossible to predict

I should mention Michael was sheared and it didn't matter so even shear isn't a guarantee

sometimes(not always) when they get close to the US especially recurving they always get a gulp of dry air but it really just depends

Last edited:
Back