• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

Just noticed the 6z HMON has the center reorganize just north of Hispaniola and make a beeline for Miami. So far the 12z looks about the same. I don’t trust them, but the two hurricane models are leading the way with development so far.

3b26a2d30fd61061efd960a08cbddb11.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SUMMARY OF 200 PM AST...1800 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...15.0N 62.0W
ABOUT 70 MI...110 KM WNW OF MARTINIQUE
ABOUT 370 MI...595 KM ESE OF PONCE PUERTO RICO
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...50 MPH...85 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...WNW OR 300 DEGREES AT 13 MPH...20 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1005 MB...29.68 INCHES

WATCHES AND WARNINGS
--------------------
CHANGES WITH THIS ADVISORY:

The Tropical Storm Warning has been discontinued for Martinique.

The Tropical Storm Watch has been discontinued for Dominica.

Its riding the ridge and any change to the ridge will move it....if it changes, more likely it moves back north rather than any further south.
But why would the more likely change be north as opposed to south, why do you think that ridge will be weaker and allow a northward turn?

But why would the more likely change be north as opposed to south, why do you think that ridge will be weaker and allow a northward turn?
Because models are squirrelly and it's already stout. Would be a barn burner to go further.

Climo..more storms just go north and east compared to south and west. ICON is either going to score a big win or a big fail...which I’m going with the latter. Now into the extended, one can usually assume if it hits Florida it’s prob not gonna go deep inland for Atlanta or western NC it usually trends east into the Sandhills of NC. Just my two cents save it.

Back