• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

It's good that the ICON so far is a south outlier.

In other news it looks like to me on the GFS for the first time I'm looking closely, while Dorian degenerates into a wave, it misses Hispaniola entirely at least on the vort and wind map to me.

I wouldn’t say it’s a complete outlier in the sense of track. It’s stronger so a farther southwest track is more likely. It’s possible that if the other models latch on to a stronger system, they too will correct SW.

1566921854086.png

This thing was at 1000 MB (high end TS) and then a 10-14 MB drop in the next two frames as it heads to Florida? If the Bahamas being a juicy environment is a factor here, well dang.

A tad north of 06z and a little slower. Probably just enough time over water to pump it up a bit. Lord, help us, if that high rides high. Even more time over water would not be good.

Looks like the ICON is the southern most run, and the majority still have it going into FL, just further north.

That ICON run going across the southern tip of FL and into the Gulf could be a major problem.

Back