• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

I'm going to try and be tactful the way I say this... I'm not sure if we are going to know what the storm will end up doing until it's basically knocking on the door, maybe after.

There are a lot of factors and this is not a good situation to be in for a lot of people who need to prepare.
Based on what I've seen this week, I won't believe it until the door opens. Clearly, we don't have precise tools to get this one inside of 200 miles.

Here are the GFS ensembles. They don’t repeat the FV3 or legacy with the exception of a few. However about all of them impact land one way or another in comparison to 18z that had several members OTS. I do think the track the CMC/GFS gave is something to consider as a solution if Dorian speeds up. The Euro will be Important this run to determine if this Carolina landfall track is something to watch

edb0aeba401238ce13be5d00509d3871.jpg

681A5117-79FB-496A-A416-95CEF8A18E95.png

The threat is going up if your in Virginia and north-eastern NC. Didn’t see it mentioned anywhere but I would be prepared in the Virginia Beach area.

I see a nice little Westerly movement now the last few hours. still has some speed. I know it's been asked before but is there a sat with NHC plots?

The hwrf which last run hit Canaveral is now missing Florida to the east

It looks like the trend tonight is not only east away from Florida but faster

The Euro could seal the deal for the 0z suite soon

hwrf_satIR_05L_15 (5).png

Well bigger the eye the more calm weather. Better to hit than scrape?

The hwrf which last run hit Canaveral is now missing Florida to the east

It looks like the trend tonight is not only east away from Florida but faster

The Euro could seal the deal for the 0z suite soon

View attachment 22548

The trend toward ots is undeniable. As long as he doesn't speedup to faster than modeled, I think the chances are good. The slowing has been occurring steadily from run to run. And wow how bad the earlier UK runs are looking although it was predictable.

Back