• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Freezing Rain, Sleet, Snow, Rain...Kitchen Sink (12/15-16)

From those mPing reports it’s probably just virga. Beam is lower closer to the radar site, so precip isn’t making it quite to the surface.

Still funny looking though.

In the Jan 3-4 2018 storm that actually happened in Raleigh and it wasn't due to beam height, we legit got dry slotted and it was comically horrible

My grandmothers forecast in western Mass....

Tonight
Snow, mainly after 8pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 22. Northeast wind 10 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.
Thursday
Snow, mainly before 11am. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 24. North wind 9 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

In the Jan 3-4 2018 storm that actually happened in Raleigh and it wasn't due to beam height, we legit got dry slotted and it was comically horrible

I remember that storm. I actually had to do a manual analysis of it for my synoptic course this fall. Just went back and looked- you could practically see the dry slot on satellite:
map04_IR.gif

Did someone say January 11’?

all time favorite right there. Best powder I’ve ever seen around here. 7-8” with just a smidge of backend ZR. Money shot

I could blow it out of the palm of my hand like a pixie stick.
You still talking about the snow,or ??

0z HRRR now shows nearly 3 feet of snow in Albany

View attachment 58218

All of this snow falls within 14 hours in Albany, NY, just let that sink in for a second. 3 feet of snow in 14 hours, that's an average of almost 3"/hr for over half a day. Excuse me while I try to teleport myself there.

Back