• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Freezing Rain, Sleet, Snow, Rain...Kitchen Sink (12/15-16)

Sorry make that SEVEN inches per hour. Seriously wtf

You're bringing back good memories. In 2010 I was stationed (military) in Washington, DC and lived just on the outskirts.

December 2009 to Febraury 2010 we had the Snowmageddon and Snowpocalypse storms. Those were once in a lifetime experiences. IIRC, the February storms were actually back to back Nor'Easters within a few days of one another but my recollection might be lacking. Nonetheless, we had 3ft of snow when it was all said and done.

1608213229314.png

I just wanna see a foot of snow in a single storm before I die.

My grandparents have lived down here in Fayetteville since 1959, there hasn't been a single one footer in the entire time they've been here. In the prior 60 years, there were at least four 12"+ snowstorms in Fayetteville (Feb 1899, Feb 1914, Mar 1927, & Dec 1958), there have been none in the following 60 years.

We suck

My grandparents have lived down here in Fayetteville since 1959, there hasn't been a single one footer in the entire time they've been here. In the prior 60 years, there were at least four 12"+ snowstorms in Fayetteville (Feb 1899, Feb 1914, Mar 1927, & Dec 1958), there have been none in the following 60 years.

We suck
Or....we are due

We suck

Now that's crazy to think about considering where I live in West Georgia we managed two 12+ inch snowfalls in my lifetime so far in 1993 and Dec. 2018 and I thought I would never see another after 93' fingers crossed you get yours

Now that's crazy to think about considering where I live in West Georgia we managed two 12+ inch snowfalls in my lifetime so far in 1993 and Dec. 2018 and I thought I would never see another after 93' fingers crossed you get yours
You have higher elevation which helps. Fayetteville, NC is close to sea level.

We suck
How close was Fayetteville to getting a foot in January 2000?

Very slick in spots enough to cancel school for the second day in a row here. Was just a two hour delay. Sure could use a break from winter weather.

Sounds like it's been a rough winter there. Don't worry, spring will be here soon.
Two snow days here in Wilkes is prob more days off then those who got 40” up north. Board of education once said, 12” on Monday is no school for the entire week. 40” would shut us down for a month.

Back