• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Freezing Rain, Sleet, Snow, Rain...Kitchen Sink (12/15-16)

I ended up with 1.5” of sleet from this banger..edit: or maybe this was just a weenie run I screenshotted. The dates don’t add up. Either way lolView attachment 58232
Funny enough even though the date became the 9th, I got pretty close to the amount shown on that map (Map shows around 9 inches or 10 inches for me, I got 9)

Sorry make that SEVEN inches per hour. Seriously wtf

Having a massive arctic high funneling in a frigid low level cold air mass with very moist atlantic air overriding this arctic air mass can do really strange things. A set up of a lifetime for some of those upstate NY areas who weren't expecting much days ago. People in the mid-atlantic forums were discounting when the NAM was showing a northern trend(and even the NAM didn't pick up on those big totals until 12 or so hours ago). Too busy riding the GFS/Euro.

Can you imagine how pissed off the snow weenies are in Binghamton ? So close to an epic snowstorm and yet they only get 24" ?

---- I'd get in my car and start driving if the good stuff was that close. Have to dig it out but heck only 7-8 miles down the road there's nearly 3.5-4 feet?

Looks like it was a weenie run I saved but I remember either December 17’ or 18’ the Euro had a 30” weenie run for the Carolinas inside 200 hours. Pain
I remember the 00z Euro had a weenie 20”+ run for GSO the night before the February 2014 storm. We got 7.5”, so it was a good storm, but 20” it was not. But the Euro is infallible, folks.

Pretty cool how you can see a surface low spinning south of Long Island on this infrared radar.

CODNEXLAB-GOES-East-subregional-New_England-13-12_51Z-20201217_map_data-32-1n-5-5.thumb.gif.fb7f1292e7ba2c9b29f9d47f430b1b60.gif

Back