• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Freezing Rain, Sleet, Snow, Rain...Kitchen Sink (12/15-16)

I was able to get tiny tiny snowflakes mixed with drizzle in returns lighter than this, so hopefully you’ll get some
View attachment 58037
I think I’m calling it a night. End of watch 11:06

Got a little sprinkling of rain. That’s it. Y’all North Carolina boys reel it in. Make Jimbo proud.

My wife just called me a crackhead haha. We've been together for 13 years...HELLO??!! EVERYTHING ELSE STOPS WHEN WINTRY PRECIP BEGINS!! Plus I have a degree in Meteorology and it still doesn't sink in for her. I think she's jealous because her passion is exercising and that sucks.
One of the funniest posts I have seen here. Yeah. Back to weather, dew points are falling up here and headed your way NC.

OK, maybe it is worse than this but is this not close enough for snow? I mean, the warm nose on the HRRRRRRRRRR is just slightly above freezing up here. Sleet at worst but hoping for crusty flakes.

View attachment 58043
Verbatim, that looks like a borderline wet snow sounding to me, but realistically always bet the over on the warm nose and expect the worst.

Just noticed pinging on the windows and, sure enough, it’s sleeting here in SW Durham.

EDIT: Seems to be an IP/RN mix, actually (assuming it’s not below freezing, which KRDU wasn’t at last hour, at least).

Back