• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Freezing Rain, Sleet, Snow, Rain...Kitchen Sink (12/15-16)

.15-.3 is across northern Spartanburg, northern Greenville, and Northern Cherokee counties per 3K nam. 0.05-.15 across the southern portion of those counties. Which is in line with my thinking. Landrum, Marietta, NW cherokee to chesnee likely to be on the high end of those totals. I had .24 according to the nam with where my location in the county is seems reasonable. Spartanburg city limits was around .1.

You’re going with 3/10 max of Ice in northern Spartanburg? I would be careful with the NAMs ice maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very close call on change over to snow by 0z Thursday. GFS Para and CMC. Temps plummet below freezing and moisture is still around. I believe the short range models (NAM) are too far out to see this. Tail end events rarely work out but worth watching imo for Piedmont. 48291A27-6AE5-4CDE-A866-C1911DCBFB1C.jpeg

RGEM ZR accums, couldn't get that FRAM map to work like @Webberweather53 has been showing so these totals are likely exaggerated somewhat
zr_acc.us_ma.png

You’re going with 3/10 max of Ice in northern Spartanburg? I would be careful with the NAMs ice maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the Landrum area? Absolutely. They're hovering by 2 of tallest mountains in the county and some of the tallest mountains in the state. Cold air entrenches itself in spartanburg county with CAD and Landrum is usually the last to switch. Definitely could see .25 - .3 ICE accrual along and north of Highway 11, especially the closer to the Greenville mountains you are.

RGEM had the temperatures I was thinking we would likely get (29 - 31 degrees) across the northern upstate but i figured we likely wouldn't get that to actually show up on a model and it would be the usual nowcasting type thing where the thermometer shows it being just slightly colder than anticipated. RGEM is concerning.

Other than maybe some temp problems, sign me up, I’ll take my chances View attachment 57670

Sure, I'll take another flizzard. This system is distinct from the freezing rain Miller B setup, so I'm not sure if we should be talking about it in the same thread, but it's got another day+ to trend better before making it to the west coast.icon_repeat.gif

Back