• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Freezing Ferocious February

The pre-lead up to 2/10-2/12 looked interesting to me at first (both ways) however, it becomes a cutoff low... For a moment I thought it might slip under the previous runner (just enough to where it isn't with it).

The CFSv2 forecasting Phase 8 MJO last half of Feb. CFSv2 has pretty good skill out to day 20 and spread seems minimal between the 4 ensemble members. Additional reading on CFSv2 MJO prediction skill: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00382-013-1806-9

e9d0e78637d0a31ea5a8492bbe149ade.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just noticed the RGEM on tropical tidbits goes out to 54 now instead of 48...here is the 6Z run for Sunday. It's long range of RGEM, but will throw it out there.

51.png 52.png 53.png 54.png

I can’t believe there is not a thread for this sat night/Sunday event.
They already said, " everybody doesn't live in NC"
I think I even get an hour or two of sleet and ZR, if temps cooperate! I could see my area getting stuck at 34-35, with the heavy cloud cover!

They already said, " everybody doesn't live in NC"
I think I even get an hour or two of sleet and ZR, if temps cooperate! I could see my area getting stuck at 34-35, with the heavy cloud cover!
It's not because of that. I think we can go ahead and start one after the 12Z runs today if they still show ice and snow for N GA through NC.

Back