• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Freezing Ferocious February

Starting to wonder if this February and March will be like 1990. Both of those months were warm and wet. WAY too much rain fell in parts of AL, and GA during those 2 months.
Looking like it. No Op run so far is showing anything in the way of a cold pattern for the east. Keep hoping to see hints of it, but day after day, nothing. We’re wasting precious time.

Looking like it. No Op run so far is showing anything in the way of a cold pattern for the east. Keep hoping to see hints of it, but day after day, nothing. We’re wasting precious time.
EPS keeps searching for cold as well. I know i know the eps has sucked post day 5

24fceb5f42a3a09afef6b24e6506dfc8.jpg
da25a2912c45e36d6c95203988f31520.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

already over an inch of rain this morning and its going to rain literally all day today. ive had about as much rain as i can stand. It needs to dry out

FWIW the 6z GEFS was the best run in days 10+ yet. Though the EPS wasn’t good at all. And the GEFS has been wanting to tank the AO and so far hasn’t verified, same with the PNA. But it’s atleast something to hope for to close out February.

82E40F6D-F0B3-4B64-9053-5C55149D05B1.png

SPC upgraded areas of LA and southern MS to a slight risk of severe weather given thinning cloud coverage out ahead of a complex of storms over central-western LA and extreme eastern Texas. Environment looks modestly favorable for an isolated supercell or two. We're starting to inch really close to the meat of the tornado season in Dixie Alley.
Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 11.38.11 AM.png

Good grief. Its only going to get wetter

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-02-10-10-47-27.png
    Screenshot_2018-02-10-10-47-27.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
meanwhile yet another arctic front here, was near 70 yesterday and already in the 30s this morning

running much colder than forecast already :confused:

An upper level disturbance is still slated to move overhead late
tonight through Sunday morning. This is when we could see some
accumulations significant enough to produce travel delays due to
ice on both bridges and roads.
The Winter Weather Advisory which
is in effect for tonight through Sunday morning across areas
southwest of the DFW Metroplex will likely need to be expanded
northeastward across the Metroplex, and possibly all the way to
the northeast counties based on the recent model guidance

Last edited:
1572D78E-6D51-4BEA-8F71-88C771EC8BEF.jpeg
I don’t understand the hysteria!? JB say, no worries! :weenie: IF, IF, IF

He keeps moving the goalposts, first it was fab February after the thaw by mid month at the latest, then it was "well it'll still happen but a week later", now it's miracle march. Smh lol
And the goal posts go further up as we go too. Pretty soon we'll never be able to make it up to the posts. 1 more mush back and it's game over.

And the goal posts go further up as we go too. Pretty soon we'll never be able to make it up to the posts. 1 more mush back and it's game over.
Typically, on a day like today in early-mid February, with a muggy, springlike humid day and a good breeze from the south, one would just know (even without looking at a model or a local forecast) that a good stout cold front was on the way. Not so ... such a strange winter start to finish (assuming it's finished) ... Yet, it's just once, but I can recall one solid freeze in April, so until March is over, faith and delusion, in tandem, remain a guiding light ... :confused:

Yet, it's just once, but I can recall one solid freeze in April, so until March is over, faith and delusion, in tandem, remain a guiding light ... :confused:
Yeah, we aren't done hearing about winter until that happens, and everyone chases the rare April snows as well. Statistically, I have to wonder how many last freezes produced snow before. Probably like 1 or 2 at most.

Back